- Cook the pasta for around 6-8 minutes or until al dente, drain and reserve some of the pasta water. Rinse the pasta with cold water to cool completely and then drain again thoroughly.
- Pre heat the oven to 200 fan. Heat the oil in a non-stick pan over a medium heat. Add the chorizo and fry for 6-8 minutes until golden.
- Reduce the heat to low and put the flour into the pan. Mix well. It will look very claggy at this stage. Slowly, a splash at a time, pour in the milk and stir continuously until it’s gone. Carry on stirring for 5 minutes until you have a lovely smooth sauce.
- Now throw almost all of the cheese into the pan and add the harissa. Mix together really well and check the seasoning, adding salt to taste.
- Chuck the pasta and turkey into the sauce and mix well. Pour in 200-250ml of the pasta water to help loosen and keep the mac cheese super gooey. Transfer to a baking dish and top with the remaining cheese. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the top is bubbling and golden. Serve immediately.
1 tbsp olive oil
80g chorizo, roughly chopped
50g plain flour
500ml whole milk
200g grated cheddar
180g grated raclette or Mont Jack
2 tbsp rose harissa
150g leftover turkey, shredded