- Boil the potatoes for 10-12 minutes until tender. Drain and rinse under cold water. Once cold, drain again and return to the pan. Season with salt and mash.
- Meanwhile, put the salmon fillets, skin side down into a non-stick frying pan. Pour over enough just boiled water to cover by half. Pop the lid on and simmer over a low heat for 5-6 minutes until cooked through. Remove with a slotted spoon and transfer to a mixing bowl. Lightly mash with a fork.
- Add the potatoes, harissa, coriander, preserved lemon, spring onions and egg to the bowl with the fish. Season with salt and mix together really well. Shape into 4 fish cakes. Place onto an oiled plate and pop them into the fridge to firm up for 15 minutes.
- Tip the semolina into a shallow dish. One at a time, dust the fish cakes all over so they get completely covered in the semolina.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and add the fishcakes. Fry for 4-5 minutes each side until golden on the outside and warm in the middle. Serve immediately with mayonnaise.
200g new potatoes
2 salmon fillets, skin on (270g total)
1 tbsp harissa
A handful of finely chopped coriander leaves and stalks
1/2 preserved lemon, deseeded and finely chopped
2 spring onions, finely chopped
1 egg yolk
1 tbsp semolina
1 tbsp olive oil
Mayonnaise to serve