- Preheat the oven to 200 fan. Chuck the fennel into a roasting dish and pour over the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and mix well. Roast for 30-35 minutes until tender and a little golden.
- Boil the egg in a pan of simmering water for 8 minutes, Drain and sink into cold water to cool completely. Peel.
- Whisk the tahini, lemon, 2 tbsp of water and a pinch of salt together. It will split and then come together into a beautiful creamy dressing.
- Chuck the beans, spring onions and parsley into a mixing bowl and mix together. Spoon in half the dressing and toss together.
- To serve, arrange the fennel onto a serving plate and scatter over the beans. Cut the egg in half and place onto the salad. Drizzle over the rest of dressing and garnish with the Turkish pepper flakes. Serve immediately.
Serves 2 as a main or 4 as a side
1 bulb of fennel (300g), thinly sliced ¼ cm thick
1 tbsp olive oil
1 free range egg
2 tbsp tahini
The juice of ½ a lemon
1 x 400g tin cannellini beans, drained an rinsed
2 spring onions, finely chopped
A handful of finely chopped parsley leaves
½ tsp Turkish pepper flakes
Salt and pepper