- Put the lamb into a shallow dish and add the olive oil, garlic and half the lemon juice. Mix well. Cover and leave to marinade for one hour or overnight in the fridge.
- Get the lamb out of the fridge to come to room temperature and pre-heat the BBQ or griddle pan to high. Season the lamb with salt and pepper and cook for 10-12 minutes, tuning half way, until lovely and charred and still pink in the middle. Place onto a warm dish, cover and leave to rest for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, chuck the aubergines straight onto a gas flame and leave to char for about 10-12 minutes, turning every 2-3 minutes so that they cook evenly. They should look charred and blistered on the outside and be beautifully tender inside.
- Once cool to touch, peel the aubergines and discard the skin. Finely chopped the flesh and chuck it into a mixing bowl. Add the labna, remaining lemon juice and a good pinch of salt. Mix well.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan over a low heat. Add the Turkish pepper flakes and a good pinch of salt. Mix well. Remove from the heat and leave to infuse for a few minutes.
- To serve, spread the aubergine onto a serving dish. Slice up the lamb and arrange over the top. Spoon the butter over the meat and any resting juices. Scatter over the parsley and serve immediately.
500g lamb loin
1 tbsp olive oil
3 cloves garlic, bashed
The juice of a lemon
1 ½ tsp Turkish pepper flakes
A small handful of finely chopped parsley leaves
Sea salt and pepper
2 large handfuls of coriander
4 large tortillas