- Chuck the chicken, yogurt, tomato puree, Baharat, the juice of ½ a lemon and a good pinch of salt into a mixing bowl. Mix well. Cover and leave to marinade for 1 hour or overnight in the fridge.
- Preheat the oven to 200 fan. Put the chicken into a shallow roasting tray and roast for 20-25 minutes until cooked through. Place onto a chopping board and slice thinly. Squeeze over the remaining lemon and season with a little more salt. Toss together.
- Meanwhile, to make the zhoug chuck everything into a blender with a good pinch of salt and blend until smooth. Add more oil if it looks too thick. This will keep int the fridge for a good week.
- To make the salad, mix everything together with a pinch of salt.
- To serve, stuff the pittas with the chicken, salad, pickles and spoon over some of the zhoug. Drizzle over a little tahini and serve immediately.
For the chicken shish
400g skinless and boneless chicken thigh fillets
2 tbsp Greek yogurt
1 tsp tomato puree
1 tsp Baharat
The juice a lemon
2 tbsp olive oil
Tahini to serve
Pickles to serve
4 round pitta breads
For the zhoug
A large bunch of parsley leaves
A large bunch of coriander leaves and stalks
2 cloves garlic
2 green chillies, roughly chopped
½ tsp baharat
The juice of a lemon
4 tbsp olive oil
For the salad
1/2 cucumber, deseeded and finely chopped
1 tomato, deseeded and finely chopped
The juice of ½ a lemon