- Chuck 200g of the pitted dates into a food processor and blend until they stick together in a ball. Add the condensed milk and pulse into a thick paste. Transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Pour the double cream into a large mixing bowl and whisk into soft peaks.
- Break off two small squares of the chocolate and then finely chop the rest. Chop the remaining pitted dates into quarters.
- Add 2 tbsp of the whipped cream to the dates and fold together to loosen the mixture. Transfer to the bowl with the cream. Add the chocolate and dates and fold together.
- Pour the date ice cream into a non-stick loaf tin or Tupperware box and pop into the freezer for 5-6 hours to set. To serve, scoop out into bowls or run hot water over the bottom of tin and flip the whole thing out onto a board and slice up. Microplane the remaining chocolate over the top and serve.
300g medjool dates, pitted
200g condensed milk
600ml double cream
100g bar of 60-70% dark chocolate