- Preheat the oven to 180 fan. Put the chickpeas into a mixing bowl and using your hands squish them into a course mixture. About 80% broken down. I find a food processor goes too far and the burgers break up later.
- Chuck the parsley, coriander, cumin, garlic granules, lemon zest and a good pinch of salt into the chickpeas and mix together. It will look rather dry but you just want all the flavours evenly dispersed. Add the egg yolk, mix well and then bring it together with your hands. Divide into two and shape into patties about 1cm thick.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying over a medium heat. Add the falafel burgers and cook for 3 minutes until a little golden. Turn and pop into the oven for 4-5 minutes until heated through.
- Meanwhile, mix the mayonnaise with the tahini with a good pinch of salt. Spread all over the bottom of the buns.
- To serve, top the buns with the falafel burgers. Add chilli sauce if using and then the cucumber and lettuce. Pop on the lids and serve immediately.
1 x 400g tin chickpeas, drained
A small handful of finely chopped parsley leaves
A small handful of finely chopped coriander leaves
1 ½ tsp ground cumin
½ tsp garlic granules
Zest of ½ a lemon
1 egg yolk
½ tbsp olive oil
2 brioche burger buns
Chilli sauce to serve
A few cucumber slices to serve
A few Lettuce leaves to serve