- To make the ice cream, whisk the double cream, condensed milk, maple syrup and vanilla extract into soft peaks. Pour into non-stick loaf tin and freeze for 3-4 hours until set.
- Get the ice cream out of the freezer for 5 minutes before serving whilst you make the sauce.
- To make the sauce, heat the cream and maple syrup together over a low heat until just boiling at the edges. Be careful that it does not burn.
- Put the chocolate into a heat proof bowl and add a pinch of salt. Pour over the cream and leave for 1 minute to melt the chocolate. Mix together into a glossy sauce.
- Scoop the ice cream into bowls and pour over plenty of the sauce. Top with the pecans and serve immediately.
For the ice cream
600ml double cream
300ml condensed milk
4 tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
For the Sauce
200ml double cream
2 tbsp maple syrup
50g chocolate 70%, finely chopped
80g pecans, roughly chopped to serve