- Preheat the oven to 200 fan. Slice the pumpkin into 2 cm half-moons. Chuck them into a roasting try and add the olive oil and a good pinch of salt. Toss together and roast for 25-30 minutes or until super soft and a little golden.
- Drain the chickpeas and reserve the chickpea water.
- Chuck the pumpkin into a blender and add the chickpeas, garlic, tahini, lemon, cumin and a good pinch of salt. Pour in 4 tbsp of the chickpea water and blitz until lovely and smooth. If it’s too thick, add another 1-2 tbsp of the chickpea water.
- Melt the butter in a pan over a medium-low heat. Add the Turkish pepper flakes and a pinch of salt. Remove from the heat and swirl together.
- Dollop your hummus onto a serving plate and do a sexy swirl to hold your toppings. Put the pine nuts into the middle and then drizzle that luscious butter over the top. Grab your pittas and dive on in.
300g pumpkin, deseeded and peeled
1 tbsp olive oil
1 x 400g tin chickpeas
1 clove garlic
The juice of ½ a lemon
1 ½ tsp ground cumin
2 tsp Turkish pepper flakes
20g toasted pine nuts
Pitta to serve