- Put the lentils into a pan and pour over 750ml of just boiled water. Bring to the boil over a high heat. Cover, reduce the heat to low and cook for 15 minutes until tender and most of the liquid absorbed.
- Tip the flour, 2 tsp pul biber and dry mint into a mixing bowl. Add 4 tbsp of water and mix together.
- Whisk the red pepper paste together with the stock and pour into the pan with the lentils. Add the flour mixture and bulgur. Stir together . Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes until the bulgur is soft and the soup thick. Add the juice of half a lemon and mix well. Check the seasoning and add salt if needed.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a small pan over a low-medium heat. Turn the heat off and add the remaining pul biber and a pinch of salt. Mix well and leave for a few minutes to infuse.
- Heat the oil in a non stick frying and add the halloumi. Cook for 3-4 minutes, tossing the pan occasionally, until crispy and golden.
- To serve, ladle the soup into serving bowls and top each one with top with halloumi. Drizzle over the butter and serve immediately with little squeeze of lemon.
200g red lentils
2 tsp plain flour
3 tsp pul biber
2 tsp dry mint
2 tbsp red pepper paste
800ml vegetable stock
50g bulgur wheat
2 tbsp olive oil
250g block of halloumi, cut into 1 cm pieces