- Heat the oil in a large non-stick pan over a medium heat. Add the ribs and brown them on two sides for 2-3 minutes until golden. Remove from the pan and set to one side.
- Chuck the onion into the hot pan and mix well. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5-6 minutes until golden. Add the garlic and a good pinch of salt and pepper and mix well.
- Pour the stock and Seeds of Change sauce into the pan. Chuck in 3 sprigs of oregano and mix well. Pop the beef into sauce with the bones sticking up. They should just poke out of the sauce. Bring to the boil, cover, reduce the heat to low and cook for 2 ½ – 3 hours or until the meat pulls apart with a fork. Remove the meat from the pan and set to rest on a warm plate for 5 minutes and then shred using two forks. Discard any fat, sinew and the bones.
- Meanwhile, skim the fat off the sauce. Increase the heat to medium and bubble away, stirring occasionally, for 15-20 minutes to reduce by half. Return the meat to the pan. Add the lemon juice and mix well. Check the seasoning and add salt to taste.
- Cook the pasta for around 10 minutes or until al dente. Drain and divide between 6 serving bowls. Top each with the sauce and plenty of parmesan. Finely chop the remaining oregano leaves and scatter over the top. Serve immediately.
2 tbsp olive oil
1.5kg beef short ribs
1 onion, finely chopped
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
500ml beef stock
500g jar Seeds of Change Sundried Tomato and Basil Sauce
500g pack Seeds of Change Tortiglioni
The juice of ½ a lemon
4 sprigs of oregano
Parmesan to serve
Sea salt and pepper
Paid Partnership with Seeds of Change UK