- To make the Jam, whisk the pomegranate juice, lemon, rose water and pectin together. Pour into the Ball® freshTECH Jam & Jelly Maker and add the butter (to prevent foaming).
- Press the JELLY button, which will automatically set the timer for 25 minutes. After 4 minutes, when you hear two beeps, gradually add the sugar and then tip in the pomegranate seeds if using. Cover and cook until the cycle has finished.
- Press the CANCEL button and then switch off the machine. Ladle the jam into four of the Ball® 240ml sterilised jam jars. Leave for 30 minutes to cool and then put on the lids and refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours to set.
- To make the pastry case for the tart, mix the flour and icing together in a mixing bowl. Add the butter and rub it with your fingers until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Add the egg and 1 tbsp of water. Bring together to form the pastry. Roll into a ball. Cover with cling film and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Butter a 22cm tart case with a removable bottom. Roll the pastry out on a clean, floured surface into a large circle. Place it over the tart case and gently press the pastry into place. You want there to be a little excess pastry hangover over the edge. Scrunch up some baking paper. Unfold it and then line the pastry case. Fill with baking beans or dry pulses and chill for 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees fan. Bake the pastry for 15 minutes and then remove the beans. Bake for another 5 minutes until it’s just golden at the edges. Remove from the oven and leave to cool. If the pastry starts to puff up, put the baking paper with the beans back into it whilst cooling, to keep nice and flat. Once cool, trim the excess.
- Pour the double cream into a non-stick saucepan and add a pinch of salt. Bring to a simmer over a low heat. Put the chocolate into a mixing bowl and pour over the cream. Leave for a minute to melt and then stir together gently so you have a very glossy thick ganache.
- Spread the jam out over the base of the pastry case in an even layer and pour over the chocolate. Smooth it out using the back of a spoon. Refrigerate for 2 hours until set. Remove from the fridge 20 minutes before serving to relax. Pop the tart out of the case and place onto a serving dish. Slice and serve.
Paid Promotion with Ball® freshTECH Jam & Jelly Maker
For the jam – makes four jars
710ml of fresh pomegranate juice
The juice of a lemon
2 tbsp rose water
4 tbsp Ball® Regular Jam Setting Mix with Pectin
½ tsp butter
300g caster sugar
100g pomegranate seeds, optional extra
For the tart
200g plain flour
50g icing sugar
100g butter, cubed
260ml double cream
200g 70% dark chocolate, smashed into small pieces
100g Pomegranate and Rosewater Jam