This is such a quick and easy lamb recipe that is perfect for Easter. You can use any cut of lamb. Just adjust the cooking times accordingly; a whole leg would be rocking, butterflied for a BBQ, amaze. Cutlets are lush and chops work beautifully.
- Boil the new potatoes in a pan of boiling salted water for 10-12 minutes until soft and drain. Leave in the colander for five minutes to steam.
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 fan. Rub a little oil onto the bottom of a roasting tray and tip in the potatoes. Using the bottom of a mug, lightly squish the potatoes to crush them. Season well with salt and pepper and drizzle over 3 tbsp of oil. Roast for 25-30 minutes until crispy.
- Chuck the lamb into a mixing bowl. Add the zest and juice of ½ a lemon, a good pinch of salt and pepper and the yogurt if using. Mix well and leave to marinade for as long as you can; 15 minutes to overnight.
- Preheat the grill to high and drizzle the oil over both sides of the lamb. Grill the 3-4 minutes a side or until charred and tender.
- Meanwhile, mix the pesto with the juice from the remaining lemon half and cook the peas for 1-2 minutes in boiling water until tender.
- Put the potatoes onto a serving dish and add the peas. Place the lamb over the top and drizzle with the pesto and serve immediately.
500g new potatoes
4 tbsp olive oil
4 lamb chops, 600g approx.
2 tbsp yogurt, optional
4 tbsp green pesto
100g frozen peas
Salt and pepper