- Chuck the onion, tomatoes, garlic, ginger, chilli, garam masala, fenugreek and a good pinch of salt into a blender. Pour in 100ml of water and blitz until smooth.
- Pour the sauce into a saucepan. Swirl another 100ml of water around the blender to get everything out and tip into the same pan. Bring to the boil, stirring occasionally, over a medium heat. Cover, reduce the heat to low and cook for 40 minutes until the flavours have developed and the sauce come together. Check the seasoning and add salt to taste.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice for about 25-30 minutes or according to packet instructions until soft. Drain well and set to one side.
- Heat a saucepan over a medium heat. Add the spinach and 1 tbsp of water. Cover and steam for 2 minutes so that the spinach starts to wilt. Remove the lid and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes until completed wilted. Transfer to your blender and blend until smooth. If it’s a little dry, add a few tablespoons of the curry sauce to help it along.
- Crank the heat up under the curry sauce to medium and bring to the boil. Add the chicken and mix well. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5-6 or until the chicken is just cooked through and tender. Remove the lid and bubble away for 2-3 minutes to reduce. Add the spinach and mix well. Bring back to the boil and serve immediately with the rice.
1 onion, quartered
3 tomatoes, halved
3 cloves garlic
1 inch ginger
½ green chilli
2 ½ tsp garam masala
½ tsp ground fenugreek
600g chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch pieces
240g brown rice
250g baby spinach