- Pre heat the oven to 160 fan and line a 2lb loaf tin (8x21cm). Beat the butter and sugar together until combined. Add the eggs, one at a time until and beat together until the mixture is soft and pale.
- Sift the self raising flour and baking powder into the bowl with the egg mixture and fold together. Add the ground almonds, yogurt, lemon zest, cardamon seeds and blueberries. Fold together until completely combined.
- Transfer the cake mixture into the loaf tin, smooth over the top. Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes and then check the cake every 10 minutes until a skewer comes out clean from the centre. It will be between 1 hour 10 and 1 hour 30 depending on your oven. Leave to cool completely in the tin.
- To make the cream cheese roasting, beat the butter and icing sugar together until smooth and creamy with an electric beater. Fold in the cream cheese by hand until lovely and smooth.
- To serve, remove the loaf from the tin and then slater over the frosting. Top with the blueberries, and then slice and serve.
For the Loaf
200g room temperature butter
300g caster sugar
200g self raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
100g ground almonds
80g Greek yogurt
1 lemon zested
10 cardamom pods, seeds removed and crushed
For the topping
120g soft butter
120g icing sugar
120g cream cheese