- Pre heat the oven to 160 fan and grease and line 3 X 9-inch spring form cake tins. Melt the chocolate and golden syrup together with a pinch of salt in a bowl above a pan of simmering water. Remove from the pan and set to one side to cool.
- Using the Breville HeatSoft ™ hand mixer, turn on the HeatSoft™ button and mix the butter until soft. Switch off the HeatSoft™ function, add the sugar and mix together until pale and silky smooth. One at a time, add the eggs and beat until you have a lovely and smooth mixture.
- Fold the cooled chocolate into the butter mixture and then sift the flour, coco powder and baking power into the bowl. Fold together and divide between the three cake tins. Bake for 15-20 minutes until a skewer comes out nearly clean. Set to one side to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, make the buttercream. Sift the icing sugar into a mixing bowl and add the butter. Using the HeatSoft™ hand mixer, mix together until pale. Add the tahini and gently mix together until smooth.
- Remove the cakes from the tins and place one onto a cake stand. Dollop a little butter cream on top and smooth out evenly. Repeat with the other cakes. Place the last cake on top and smooth the remaining butter cream over the top and sides. Place into the fridge to set about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, to make the ganache, bring the cream to a simmer in a small pan over a low heat. Put the chocolate into a shallow dish and pour over the cream. Leave to melt for a minute and then sit together gently until glossy. Set to one side to cool slightly.
- Spread the ganache over the top over and sides of the cake. Drizzle over the tahini and serve immediately.
Paid partnership with Breville
For the cake
250g 70% dark chocolate, broken into pieces
3 tbsp golden syrup
250g unsalted butter, cubed
300g light brown muscovado sugar
4 free range eggs
250g self-raising flower
50g cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
Tahini to serve
For the tahini butter cream
200g icing sugar
300g unsalted butter
For the chocolate ganache
200g 70% dark chocolate, broken into small pieces
170g double cream