- Pre-heat the oven to 200 fan. Chuck the pumpkin and garlic into a roasting tray and pour over the oil. Season well and toss together. Roast for 30-35 minutes until soft and squidgy.
- Peel the pumpkin and chuck the flesh into a blender. Add the milk and blitz into a smooth sauce.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to packet instructions until al dente, normally about 8-10 minutes. Scoop out some of the pasta water and then drain the pasta.
- Melt butter in a large pan over a medium heat. Stir continuously for 30 seconds to a minute until brown and nutty. Add the dukkah and mix well. Watch the spices don’t burn here, so move fast.
- Add the pumpkin, mascarpone, Parmesan and lemon to the pan and mix until the mascarpone has melted into the sauce. Once smooth, chuck in the pasta. Add 50-100ml of the pasta water and mix until creamy. The pasta water really makes a huge difference here. Go a little at a time to get it right. Check the seasoning and add salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately with Parmesan.
650g pumpkin, skin on and cut into 3-4inch wedges
4 cloves garlic, unpeeled
1 tbsp olive oil
200ml whole milk
2-4 tsp dukkah spice mix (depending on strength)
80g mascarpone or cream cheese
15g parmesan, grated, plus extra for serving
The juice of ½ a lemon
Sea salt and black pepper