- Mix the lamb together with the cumin, Turkish pepper flakes and a good pinch of salt. Roll into ten little meatballs.
- Heat half the oil in non-stick frying pan over a high heat. Add the meatballs and fry for a minute to get some colour on them. Reduce the heat to medium and cook for 4-6 minutes, turning regularly until golden all over and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, drain the chickpeas and keep 100ml of the water. Add the chickpeas, reserved water, tahini, garlic. the juice of half a lemon and a good pinch of salt into a food processor and blend until smooth. Divide between two bowls and swirl it around to make the base for the dish.
- Mix the red onion with the remaining lemon juice and a pinch of salt. Toss together and leave to macerate for a few minutes.
- Top the hummus bowls with the meatballs and spoon over any juices. Add the parsley, onions, and pine nuts. Drizzle over the remaining oil and serve with pitta and salad.
Serve 2 as a main or 4 as a meze
200g minced Welsh lamb
2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp Turkish pepper flakes
2 tbsp olive oil
1 x 400g tin chickpeas
1 clove garlic
The juice of a lemon
½ red onion, finely sliced
A handful of finely chopped parsley leaves
10g toasted pine nuts
Pitta and salad leaves to serve