- Put the egg whites into a bowl and whisk into soft peaks.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the double cream until just stiff.
- Chuck the egg yolks and sugar in a mixing bowl and whisk until pale and creamy. Add the mascarpone, cream and rose water and whisk together. finally, fold in the egg whites.
- To brew your coffee, put the coffee into a cafetière. Bash open 4 cardamon pods and add them along with the water. Leave to brew for 5 minutes. Pour into a shallow dish and leave to cool.
- To make the tiramisu, turn the sponge fingers, one at a time, in the coffee and make a layer on the bottom of a 20×23 baking dish or a double layer in a trifle dish. Top with half the cream mixture. Repeat with the remaining biscuits and cream. Smooth over the top and refrigerate for 3-4 hours until firmed up.
- To serve, scatter over the pistachios to form an even later. Grind the seeds from the remaining two cardamom pops and scatter them over the top. Scatter over the petals and then grate chocolate shavings over the top. Grab your spoons and dive on in.
2 eggs, separated
250g double cream
100g caster sugar
1 tbsp rose water
3 tbsp ground coffee
6 cardamom pods
400ml boiling water
24 sponge fingers
20g Pistachios, smashed
Dark chocolate shavings to serve
A small handful of rose petals